Saturday, April 22, 2017

PSX Feathers Three Ways, Part 1

While searching through my Really Old Stamp box, I stumbled onto this gorgeous feather stamp from PSX:


It seemed perfectly designed to make a card inspired by THIS PIN on Pinterest. So here's what I made.


The gate fold opens to a stamped sentiment and another feather.



The sentiment panel is only attached to the left side of the gate with dimensionals, while the right side has craft foam glued to it so it doesn't bend down in the envelope.



What makes this card smashing to me is the Kaleidacolor Vineyard ink. Those colors are stunning with this stamp! And of course, bling.

Because--let's say it together--bling makes everything better!

It was tricky getting the two sides of the gate perfectly aligned, and I did end up having to trim a sliver off one side, but it was absolutely worth the effort.

Now, since I had this pretty stamp out, it only made sense to play around with it. Two more cards resulted, both quite different from this one in layout and color schemes. We'll take a look at them over the next few days.

Also, Sue C. asked me to share my Copic colors with her, Here's my chart of alcohol markers, which includes Copics, Sharpies, and Bics.



The Copics are labeled with the Copic code, the Sharpies with Sh, and Bics with Bic. If you're having trouble reading the chart, click on the picture to see it bigger.

My collection has grown by bits and pieces, and there are still gaps that annoy me. But every time that first-world problem rears its ugly head, I remind myself of my coloring-challenged status. Does one who rarely colors truly need more shades of ridiculously expensive pens? The answer is no, of course, but there's no doubt my collection will grow.

No doubt whatsoever.

*sigh*

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: PSX feathers, Papertrey Keep It Simple Birthday
ink: Kaleidacolor Vineyard
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, dimensionals, glue

6 comments:

  1. What a great card...love the different opening and the bling. Every card needs some bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Susan - and I agree about the ink. PSX made the most gorgeous stamps - I still have tons of them I can't bear to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've made us all wish we had PSX stamps. LOL This feather one and your card are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good old PSX. They're collectibles now. So beautifully detailed. Very nice gate fold design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I wasn't a fan of this feather stamp back in its heyday. I always felt it was too busy. Now here is the Queen of Simplicity proving otherwise!

    As for Copic markers, I collected very many of them and used them too. I found some of the numbers are so close in color there really is no reason (in my mind) to have them both. Also, I don't use the whole range I have, tending to stick to the favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!