Sunday, April 23, 2017

PSX Feathers Three Ways, Part 2

Have you ever had a "creative" thought and tried it out? There are three possible outcomes: 1) it works beautifully, 2) it sort of works but isn't brilliant, and 3) it flops spectacularly.

Too often, my outcome is #3.

Well, while staring at the PSX feathers stamp, I wondered what would happen if I inked it with a couple of Tim Holtz Distress Inks and spritzed it with water. My gut told me it would create a muddy mess. The detail in the stamp is pretty fine and shouldn't lend itself to a watercolor effect.

But hey, it's only paper, and I wouldn't have to show the disaster to anyone except my trash can.

Only it wasn't a disaster. It was a #1! So here you go.


Isn't this delightful?!?! The colors are aged mahogany and brushed corduroy, which work so nicely together. I aimed for one-third corduroy and two-thirds mahogany, but got a bit more mahogany. That's a strong color. Anyway, the light spritzing gave a bit of a blurry feel, but the stamp looks great that way, so WIN!




The sentiment, from Waltzingmouse's Fine Feathers, tucked right into the feather design as if made to do so. That quotation from Emily Dickinson is delightful, as are so many of her poems.

Large quotations and large images can challenge a clean-and-simple stamper, but this simple design, bordered with a Prismacolor gold metallic marker, is exceptionally clean and simple. It doesn't even need bling. (GASP!)

And of course the PSX stamp absolutely rocks.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan


Supplies
stamps: PSX, Waltzingmouse
ink: Distress aged mahogany, brushed corduroy; Memento Luxe espresso truffle
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Prismacolor gold metallic pen, craft foam, glue

4 comments:

  1. Can see that framed, sitting on a desk or shelf. Love. It. !
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how this turned out. I would have thought the image too detailed, also. There couldn't be a better sentiment with it. Emily Dickinson certainly had a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I admit, I thought you'd be in for a muddy mess, but this rocks it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!