Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CAS53 Candyland Inspiration Challenge

I didn't think I would be able to do this week's challenge, but since Tuesday turned into a snow day, I dove right in! The inspiration was CandyCrate Retro Candy's website. Yummy!

My first card was inspired by Cinnamon Red Hearts. As soon as I saw them, I thought about Martha Stewart's mini-hearts punch. I punched it out in white, then punched the negative out with a circle punch. Matted on a red scalloped circle, it's adorable! The sentiment is Hero Arts, and I used my Scor-Pal to score a few lines.


For card #2, I took my colors from Lucy's Predic-a-Mints. Such a fun, retro combination! The shadow stamp and sentiment are from Hero Arts. I just had to add a bit of stickles to the flowers, which were punched out of pretty in pink cardstock.


Finally, a Shamrock Taffy card using PTI's Limitless Labels and the Martha Stewart small scalloped circle punch. And a little bling. Of course.

Such a fun and flexible challenge! Jen always does such a great job week in and week out. The world of CAS is very fortunate to have her providing us with so much inspiration!

It's another snow day today, and my craft room is set to order, so I'll be making stuff while the children build a snow fort outside my window. Yeah!

18 comments:

  1. Three Winners, Susan! You never dissapoint us CAS lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun cards, and a fun challenge! I wondered where all those "old" candies went! Love the little shamrocks--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! What a great idea to use the negative from the heart punch! LOVE that one! Love the stickles, too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, most of us would fiddle with those teeny punched out hearts but you, the whiz behind all things cool, use the negative. Absolute Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all FUN! Esp. like the second one! Its FUNKY and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect trio of cards! You may be costing me money though... I have so few punches, and you do such awesome things with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all three cards, Susan. All different, but all fab. I love the funky colors in the second one, the soothing layout in the third, but my fave is #1! So clean, so simple, so YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all. I am particularly interested in those blue squares - is that all one stamp or a bunch of "squares" put together??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting your blog is something I look forward to each day. I love seeing what you will do with your "white space"!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 great cards but have to say I lost my heart to your hearts!!!!
    Thanks for showing us a great way to use those 'oh must have' but 'oh so difficult to use' shadow stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three are fabulous, Susan! I especially love your Valentine with those cute little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make it look so simple. I love visiting your blog for daily inspiration! You never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Grief Gertie, all this and the Candy Crate too! "An embarrassment of riches"or as someone once said, "Too much of a good thing is WONDERFUL!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all 3 of these. But that Valentine's one might be the most fantastic CAS Valentine's card of all time. Perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all 3 but the Valentine's is my fave :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever way to use that multi-heart punch. And it is reminiscent of cinnamon hearts.

    The second card is very retro in color and feel. Fun.

    I like the matted circles for your shamrocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!