Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Playing with Mighty Oak

I already showed you that the leaves in Mighty Oak from Papertrey can make a lovely border on a card. There are quite a few different leaf designs in the set, some of which look pretty much like leaves and others of which are a little, well, different. I decided to put on my thinking cap and see what I could do with the different designs. The following two cards are the result!

One of the leaves happens to have some dotted swirls on them that made me think of water, so I used three shades of greeny-blue and made a very stylized ocean using the same border concept HERE but used horizontally across the bottom of the card.


Please ignore the fact that two of the waves go against the current.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with the leaf that has a hole in the middle of it. Clearly it begged for some sort of bling, but it seemed like a bit of an odd design in the bunch. Then, I though maybe I could do some holiday streamers with it...and rather like how it turned out.



Whenever you get a stamp set with lots of variations in it, play around and see how you might use some of the odder ones. You just never know what you might come up with!

Supplies
stamps: A Muse (just keep swimming), Hero Arts (Christmas sentiment), Papertrey Ink (leaves)
ink: VersaColor and Versamagic
paper: Papertrey
accessories: red nail heads

3 comments:

  1. these came out great and so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant use if this stamp set! I especially like the streamer concept. Your creativity astounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your "alternative" use of images always amazes me - wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!