Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Card for Us All

...in the face of a whole lot of ugly.

News of the shooter in Orlando came to me after I got home from church today. I've something to say about it on my other blog.

To be honest, it feels weird posting a card today. But I'm doing it anyway. We all need something comforting in our lives, something to remind us that the whole world isn't crazy. Our stamping community is isn't crazy...well, just a little bit, and in a good and harmless way.

So here's a card for all those grieving in Florida and around the country. Let's all hug each other and be the change we want to see in the world.


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey 
ink: Memento Luxe, Impress Fresh Ink
paper: Papertrey white, aqua mist
accessories: none

4 comments:

  1. I heard about the terrible event late this afternoon, Susan. Your card says a lot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely gentle reminder to hold each other closely. I was out of town all day at a family reunion and learned of this tragedy when I got home and saw the news. My heart goes out to all of us because we are all affected, though none so much as the friends and families of the victims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card very in keeping with the general mood. Heartbreaking news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments on this most recent senseless tragedy. No matter what you believe, or how you view a person's lifestyle, murder is never justified. And as Tonilea said, we are ALL affected when something horrific like this happens. We are all connected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!