Sunday, June 5, 2016

Butterflies Revisited

Yesterday, I walked on my church's team in the Relay for Life here in my hometown. The Relay for Life is a fundraising event for cancer research. Our church walked this year in memory of my friend Karen Wenzel and Janet Jackson, two of our congregation who died in the past year from this terrible disease. It was a moving event. If you've never participated and have an event in your area, I encourage you to look into it.

Cancer sucks.

My friend Karen loved butterflies, so today's card is posted in her memory. I'm going to send it to her BFF Anna. Karen called Anna her sister-friend, and Anna, who is on the altar committee, makes sure there's always a butterfly up front in the church for worship services. This morning, I noticed it in the flower arrangement. I love Anna!

Anyway, here's the card, which uses just the block image from Clearly Besotted's A Better You and Kaleidacolor ink, spritzed with water.





I love the combination of soft, blendy feel of the spritzed ink and such bright, crisp colors. Very dramatic and pretty!

To assemble, I placed the top square with dimensionals, then the middle square, then stamped the sentiment, and then placed the bottom square. That way, the spacing worked nicely. By placing the sentiment between two squares, rather than at the bottom of the column, I had hoped to unify the design a bit. I like how it turned out.

Here's a picture with the envelope flap. The Simon Says Stamp Envelope Sentiments set is awesome. It's so easy to create coordinating envelopes!


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Birthday Basics, Clearly Besotted A Better You, Simon Says Stamp Envelope Sentiments
ink: Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze and Fresh Greens; Memento Luxe black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: StampinUp dimensionals, square punch, rhinestones, envelope

11 comments:

  1. You are a very good friend, Susan. I wish we were all blessed with someone like you in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your butterflies...very fun layout mf.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those curvy butterfly shapes in the crisp squares. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card in the memory of your friend - Are the butterflies PTI ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card design. Lovely that it is made with love for your friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card in so many ways. And you said it sister, cancer sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Susan, love the butterflies and the colours you used. Wonderful way to remember a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!