Sunday, November 19, 2017

Giving Thanks, Part 1

By lovely coincidence, Karen's Card Shop is running low on thank-you cards, so this Thanksgiving week, I'll be sharing a bunch of thank-you cards I've made for the shop. There's quite a variety of looks to this particular batch of creativity.

Today's card looks very wintery and uses one of my favorite color combinations: gray and red.



The trees come from Papertrey's classic set Through the Trees. The stamp has three trees (the three on the right of the card). My panel needed an extra tree, so I stamped the far right one again on the left. The two red birds are looking at each other and form a visual triangle of red with the sentiment.

The matting is simple white-on-white.

I hope all the Americans reading my blog are happily gearing up for Thanksgiving on Thursday. We are having a low-key but festive day ourselves.

Blessings to all of you, and I encourage those who live in countries that don't have formal thanksgiving celebrations to take this week to think of things you are grateful for and thank whatever greater power you believe in for your blessings. There is always, always, always something to be grateful for.

Feel free to share what you're grateful for today in the comments. Today, I am grateful for my church family and the warm community in Christ we have!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and gratitude,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Through the Trees, Keep It Simple Birthday III
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Hero Arts soft granite, Archival red geranium
accessories: none

14 comments:

  1. I started keeping a "Thankful" journal at the beginning of the year - and some of my favourite things to be thankful for are my 2 little grandsons(!); my extended family; and that no matter haw bad my day starts out (chronic pain), God always gives me enough strength to get through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude is an attitude that makes an enormous difference in life. What a beautiful testament you give to that!

      Delete
  2. I am so thankful for my papercrafting ways (as my grandson calls it). The grace I feel for giving a piece of myself, the generosity of the community of crafters, the time I lose that is free from stress as I immerse in little things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Susan...I sent you some sympathy and thinking of you cards the other day, and I have 6 thank you cards I'm going to mail today or tomorrow. Let me know when you get them.

    Cheryl Losieczka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! Your beautiful cards arrived and have already been packaged up and will be put on the rack tomorrow morning when I go to church for Bible study. Thank you SO MUCH!

      Have a very happy thanksgiving, Cheryl!

      Delete
  4. I am thankful for a warm house, good food, a loving family & an ever-present, ever-loving God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for family- immediate and extended. In addition, I'm so very grateful for people like you, Susan, who entered and enriched my life at a time I was so sorely in need. Have a joyous Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for so much...my inspiring friends, family, feeling happy.
    Love your card mf. Elegant with a sense of purity.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am grateful for family. Both my immediate family of eight and my extended family of 100's. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday; because it always involves family. It's a wonderful holiday with no more expectation than of getting together with love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous and elegant card! I am grateful for the home I live and the creatures and creature comforts that share it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband gave me some cardinal stickers, and I finally had some time to make some cards, so you inspired the following card: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2853587

    Thanks for all your wonderful inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!