Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Giving Thanks, Part 3

Part 3 has three cards, all with the same basic layout and same sentiment, but with different stamps and different colors. I love playing around like this!


Papertrey Beautiful Blooms II

The monochromatic pink daisy card came first, and I liked it so much, I had to play some more. Out came a Christmas set and presto! A Christmas thank you in two colors!

Papertrey Peaceful Poinsettias


Then, I decided to go wild with colors and made this bright card.


StampinUp Endless Thanks


It's always a treat to see how different colors and slightly different stamps affect the feel of a design. The first card is the simplest, with three sizes of the same daisy stamp, three shades of pink, and three sizes of bling. As the simplest, it's also my favorite.

The second card creates more interest with two complementary colors (red and green) adding energy, along with three different stamps (flower, leaves, berries) dancing around. I regretted adding the bling to the centers of the flowers...it sort of weighs down the design. The open berries would have reinforced the open centers of the flowers, adding more unity to the design. Oh, well. Bling and learn.

The third card has much looser images, almost whimsical, with vivid colors and no bling. I'd originally planned to add bling but after not liking the bling on the second card, I decided against it on this one. The open centers of the flowers keep things bright and light.

Which is your favorite?

Also, what are you thankful for today? I'm thankful for my Tuesday morning Bible study. It's an awesome group of amazing, faith-filled people who teach me so much and who inspire me to be a better person. Love them!


Mercy, grace, peace, love, and gratitude,
Susan


Supplies
stamps: Thank you from Hero Arts
ink: various dye inks from Hero Arts and Archival Inks
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones

8 comments:

  1. The first one is my favorite also. I do like the free falling pine branches on the Christmas one- gives a feeling of joy to the Thank You. imho. :)
    I am thankful that our two daughters live close by so we are able to gather with them and their families for Thanksgiving. (and they are both good cooks, so the cooking duties are shared :)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lu C, how wonderful that your daughters live so close. I do miss our big family gatherings.

      Delete
  2. I like the first card the best, however I would like to say thank you to you for your blog. I enjoy seeing your cards and the hints and ideas that you share. You have certainly helped develop my design techniques!
    Con

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the third card. It has an open, airier feel, and the different angles of the leaves (as well as the vibrant contrast between the colors) give it a lot of movement, yet at the same time the cool hues modulate the energy so it's not overwhelming. I think the open centers of the flowers do a lot for it, too.

    This year, I'm grateful for my family's new house. We're moving next weekend, and it's going to be crazy, but the more ample space will be so nice once we're settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the open centers.

      Congratulations on the new house!

      Delete
  4. My favorite is the first one. However, I like the others almost as much. I admire that you can just pull out a stamp set, and "presto!" a card is born. I struggle and waste many pieces of paper, but am learning slowly. I enjoy your work and blog, especially your comments on why what works works. I also enjoy reading your posts, written in your fun style. Thanks for sharing your work and insights. I am thankful for so very many blessings, particularly my faith and family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!