Friday, November 24, 2017

Giving Thanks, Part 4

Well, I am grateful for an awesome prime birthday (51 is lovely) and an awesome Thanksgiving two days in a row. Next year, my birthday will BE on Thanksgiving.

This may or may not be why I love Thanksgiving so much.

Today's card takes the layout of Tuesday's cards and changes the theme from flowers to sea shells. These stamps are from the Color Layering Sea Horse set from Hero Arts...one of my favorite sea-themed sets.



Can you tell me what's wrong with this card? It didn't hit me until I was photographing it, but the sentiment and the stamps don't really work together. That sentiment, which worked so well with Tuesday's floral stamps, is too loose and whimsical for these layered stamps. They are too visually heavy...and the sentiment too light.

Adding the sand in between the shells helped a bit to anchor everything, but I want to remake this card with a heavier sentiment in a very dark brown or maybe dark blue...but the black seems pretty stark here.

Other than that, I love it!

On my birthday, I received two orders of stamp supplies, one from Papertrey (my SIL gave me a gift card) and the other from Simon Says Stamp (my mom gave me money). So much fun stuff!




When I tried to use some of this goodness, I found myself paralyzed and overwhelmed. Weird. Anyway, I'm slowly starting to chip away at actually using this goodness, and oh, my...it's becoming fun! I'm grateful to get new stuff.

And let's close with yet another thing I'm grateful for: my dogs. Here's a cute picture of Cooper the Bobble-Head. He looks so serious...and he's not.



I'll try to embed a video of Cooper and Daisy playing, but the video is not playing well with my PC and Blogger doesn't work right on my iPad. First world problems for sure.

Okay, so the video won't load in Blogger, but you can see it on Facebook HERE. Let me know if there's a problem.

What are you grateful for today?

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and gratitude,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: various dye inks
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: None

5 comments:

  1. I love this card and wouldn't change a single thing. It is so lively and makes me feel that I could be at the beach on a sunny day and all is well with the world.

    Con

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope you're loving the 50s! At first I thought you meant 51 is a prime number (it's divisible by 3 & 17) but realized you meant you're in your prime! And you are -- loving what you do and sharing it with all of us here. Now go have some cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Doggies! Loved the card and your super gifts (and gift givers). And delighted with the videos! They made me chortle. Out loud....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to get too much new stuff at once, because of that overwhelmingness. It's like dozens of tiny art supply voices shouting "try me" "no, me" "me first" ... So I just have to go slow and play with one new thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!