Sunday, June 17, 2018

Long, Small Sentiments

Altenew seems to like small-font, very long horizontal sentiments. Well, they seem to like large-font, very long horizontal sentiments, too. Large fonts rarely appeal to me unless I'm using them without images because, you know, they don't leave enough white space.

But I wondered what I could do with the small-font sentiments in Altenew's Happy Heart set.

Oh. My.

All the glorious white space!!! You really do see that small sentiment because there's almost nothing else to look at on the whole card!! Yay for exclamation points!!!!




Note how the placement of the sentiment toward the bottom of the card emphasizes the meaning of the sentiment? Yeah, that was on purpose. Plus, it put the heart in the sweet spot. 

The card began its life as one layer, but it looked too plain. (I know. Some of you, perhaps even most of you, think the final version of this card is too plain. I'm rolling my eyes at you.) But white-on-white layers added just enough dimension to make the card work. I debated adding bling for a nanosecond, but it's perfect just the way it is.



I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being a part of this thing called Simplicity

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Altenew Happy Heart, Papertrey Heart Prints
ink: Archival black, vibrant fuchsia
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: none

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for being Simplicity! Much learning on my part, little application from my part. I do enjoy seeing your simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. White on white layers was another lesson I picked up from you long ago. So often my cards needed "something" I just didn't know what. Once I started adding some white layers it finished the look while still keeping all that glorious white space. I also stole your tip about adding a line of silver or gold pen to the edge of the layer. That's perfect when I want just a little something special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Thanks, Joan!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!