Thursday, June 21, 2018

Lotus Blossom

The StampinUp Lotus Blossom set that kind reader Sarah sent me is pretty awesome.

See?



I started with three shades of purple and love the effect. I didn't quite get the layers lined up perfectly, but it doesn't look bad to my eyes. Hopefully not to yours, either.





Someone commented that layered stamps make them nervous about choosing color. I replied that, mostly, I pick three shades of the same color because monochromatic equals safe.

Which then got me thinking. Could I mix it up a bit?

So I combined a pale yellow with two shades of salmon. The results made me so happy! (Plus, I lined things up better this time! Practice makes perfect.)




Note the stamped panel on this salmon version of the card is larger to accommodate the larger sentiment. I cut the first panel before choosing a sentiment and struggled to find one to fit. Everything was too small or too large...which is always frustrating.



And please note that bling is essential to these cards. Simple, clean, and blingy. Oh, happy lotus!


Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: StampinUp Lotus Blossom, assorted sentiments
ink: various dye inks
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones

9 comments:

  1. I love that stamp set! Makes me feel artistic :)
    Love the coral,yellow, orange combo.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY beautiful! So beautifully assembled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand your happiness as these images are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! I've also found that if I don't have enough colors of ink I can just stamp the same color for another layer and the double stamping is enough to get the right effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, elegant and perfect! I'm always paying attention to the placement of bling...for some reason, mine never look quite as nice as yours and others! Always learning...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely. This stamp frustrates me even using my MISTI. After seeing your card, I'll continue trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful cards, Susan. You are such an inspiration. I too will try again to layer and maybe even use bling! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blossoms - especially the yellow with salmon - and the layout makes a lovely setting for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!