Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Calling on Colleen and Many Thanks

Our winner Colleen has not emailed me to claim her bookmark. I hope she's okay. If you read this message, Colleen, please email me your snail-mail address at susanraihala at icloud dot com.

Over the past week, I've received several cards and a package, and want to share them with you. It's such a treat to get happy mail!


This sweet one-layer card came from Lisa I.,
who frequently donates cards to Karen's Card Shop.
Daisies are my favorite!

This little house mouse on pussy willow is just darling,
thanks to Faye's clever coloring and framing.

Ginger used this gorgeous textured handmade paper
from Korea for her stunning card, and she even
sent me a bunch of handmade paper to play with as well!

Ginger also included this pretty bookmark.
I do adore that sentiment and the butterfly!

Janet sent this bold and encouraging card,
which came at just the right moment to cheer me up
with its hanging blossom hanging in there!

Many thanks to these wonderful, thoughtful ladies for brightening this weird time for me!

What, other than sending cards, are you doing to lift people's spirits? I've sent a few myself but have otherwise had my nose to the grindstone with teaching. That's been hard and stressful and very educational. I love being with students, and this Zoom teaching is draining for those of us extroverts who fill up on being with people!

You know, I always thought of myself as an ambivert before this because I truly need a balance of "people" time and "alone" time. But I miss all the people!!!!

Now that I've finished converting the class to online, I've got a bit of time to breathe. Our church is trying to call people, especially those who live alone, regularly, and I'm going to try to do some of that. Zoom meetings for social purposes are less draining, and it's so good to see people's faces!

I know a lot of people are sewing masks. A friend gave me a pink polka dot mask yesterday that makes me so happy! It's lined with a soft flannel. Mom is sewing masks, too, in Maryland.

What other ideas do you have?

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and polka dots,
Susan

3 comments:

  1. I have not been papercrafting yet. I did do quite a bit of sewing. I made about forty masks for friends and family. I also made some appliqué hooded towels for the grand babies. Hubby and I made a big loop yesterday in the car dropping off masks and some homemade cookies. It was nice to hear almost every recipient say that the cookies were an awesome pick me up. I am going to have to do some more baking.

    Today I am heading down to the craft room for some extended period of time to do some reorganizing. I am not working and I will feel really bad when I am called back to work if I have not done at least some work in that area.

    Love the daisy car above. I may have to case that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards.
    I've continued to make meals for a family near us, also welcomed a 3rd granddaughter, providing meals for her family now, have a puppy that keeps me occupied and through DNA Ancestry results learned that I have a half-sister! Busy developing a new relationship at almost 62 years old has become interesting in many ways.
    I made lots of cards during VSN at SCS!
    Happy Saturday while staying-at-home.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!