Thursday, September 14, 2023

Hip to Be Square

Today's cards were inspired by THIS PIN by Cecile Ribon. As you can see, both cards follow her focal point layout pretty literally, but the second card adjusts the orientation. 

Both cards arose from an attempt to use older stamps, all from Hero Arts except for the sentiments, which are from MFT...or is it Mama Elephant? Pretty sure it's Mama Elephant. 




I LOVE squares...and my OCD loves them all squared up inside a square, so my favorite is the blue slimline card. Nevertheless, the green portrait card calls to me, too.

The sentiment strips are rather distressed, which is the way they are made, not a result of my over-inking them. I like the hint of distress on otherwise very crisp cards.

Which do you like best?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

3 comments:

  1. Love both cards. Thanks for the inspiration as I was planning on making some thank-you cards for charity and want to make a variety so these are perfect timing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards, but I think the first is my fav. Hope I can make some cards for your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Both of these cards are wonderful. I love the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!