Thursday, September 21, 2023

More Squares Plus Some Shimmer

In case you hadn't noticed, I adore cards with circles or squares as accents for the focal point. Like this butterfly backed by shimmery squares of goodness.



The butterfly and sentiment were heat embossed with gold detail embossing powder. I painted the butterfly with pink shimmer watercolors, which I shared a few posts back. For the squares, I painted a piece of watercolor paper with blue shimmer watercolors and, once it was dry, I die cut the squares. 

The next card I post doesn't have squares, I promise. But using a variety of shapes as a backdrop give us minimalist card makers a chance to leave plenty of white space on our cards while not letting them be boring. 

If you've not played around with this idea--so incredibly prevalent on Pinterest!--please give it a try. It's endlessly variable and makes great use of dies!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!