Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Happy Announcement and the One-Layer Wednesday 99 Pure Inspiration Challenge

The One-Layer Wednesday Team is happy to announce two new members: Karen Dunbrook and Ardyth Percy-Robb!  These two very talented ladies are enthusiastically dedicated to clean-and-simple stamping, and it's such an honor to have them on the OLW team.

*squeeeeee!!!!*

And now for the OLW99 challenge. (Yes, I got stuck with an odd number again. I'll just put on my big-girl panties and deal with it.)

This week's challenge is an inspiration challenge. I have a board on Pinterest titled Pure Inspiration. Take a gander at it and get inspired by something you see. Perhaps it's a color combo. Perhaps it's an embellishment. Perhaps it's a layout. Perhaps it's a texture. Perhaps it's a shape. Whatever you can find to get inspired, go for it!


Here's my card, which was inspired by the colors and (somewhat) shapes of this interesting rug.


I completed the sentiment (from PTI's Quilter's Sampler set) on the inside of the card, and stamped a hexagon under it, but forgot to take a picture. To create the flat edges on top and bottom, I simply masked the card with a large post-it note and stamped the hexagons from PTI's Happy Hexagons set. Then, I masked each line of the three-line sentiment to stamp separately.

Rules for OLW99

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed!

2. Find inspiration from my Pure Inspiration Board on Pinterest. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL LAYERS of card stock!

3. Post your card and the link to the specific pin that inspired you somewhere on the interwebs. Then link to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity. If you link to your blog, please link to the specific post, not your blog's main page.

4. HAVE FUN!!!!







12 comments:

  1. Totally love your card. Congrats on the new team members. I LOVE their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hexagons and the colours. Great OLW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!too much amazing inspiration to decide from. I think I could make a card from pretty much any of those, but keeping it one layer will be the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw wonderful inspiration at that link! Can't wait to get started with this OLW challenge! I love your card and thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and I love your inspiration board! Thank you for all the inspiration that you provide on your blog with your beautiful cards and explanations of the process of creating them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good selection for the new Team Members! I have been following BOTH for a while and they quite ROCK at OLC! Looking forward to their challenges -- meanwhile I hope to get in on this challenge!

    Great use of hexies there mf~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well shoot - I didn't read the directions clearly enough and I used my own inspiration. Oh well, I still liked my card~ :)

    In the meantime, I will pop over and see your inspiration board - and proably start following it~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I have been wondering where you were on Pinterest for a long time... now I'm following you. ;-)

    Your card is so warm and cosy. I love it.

    So happy to see Ardyth joining your team, she's perfect! I don't know Karen yet, but I'll wander over and visit now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see that you will have more help with OLW. I always wish I could join in; and I love to go look at the cards. Perhaps some day my job will be a normal 40 hours and I will have time to craft.

    You strike a chord with your dislike of odd numbers. I too have that issue. It's a slightly strange hangup, er personality trait.

    My hours flex at work; I hate it when I cannot get in even hours. I like 48 or 52; I hate it when it's 47.5 or worse yet 47.3. Ekk, it's weird but I find myself doing the same thing when I design; give me a line 70mm long, not 69 and not 71. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I followed a link from Darnell...Your card is gorgeous and so trendy. Ardyth is a fantastic choice for your team. I might have to work on creating a one layer card and join the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome additions to have Karen and Ardyth on the team! Looking forward to more one layer goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how much you "love" odd numbers. I don't get it as I have always preferred them to even numbers. Well, I got to thinking about how much happiness visual triangles bring to your card making; and how triangles are an odd number; and how triangles are the BEST odd number, 3. Well, perhaps you can learn to embrace 3s (and maybe 9s, seeing as they're divisible by 3). Just a thought from a random rambler in Colorado who thinks 3s deserve some love.

    PS I love your cards and card crafting style. But, I love your blog even more. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, creations, brilliance, and OCD nature with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!