Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Y'all Thought I Was Kidding...

when I said that 1,000 Bags, Tags, and Labels was a major source of inspiration. Well, I wasn't. Vicki got a copy of it. She knows exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Uh huh.

Oh yeah.

Check it out.


My conversion of the above bag into the card below involved narrowing the standard card a bit (3 7/8" wide instead of 4 1/4") and the addition of bling. Because bling is good. And because in card form, I felt the need to unite the yellow and white areas of the card somehow. On the bag, the bottom is white all the way around. On the card, the white panel just looked stuck on rather than integrated into the design. By dotting the i with a small bling and putting two larger blings on the white panel, the two sections belong together better.

At least, that is how I see it. Any excuse to use bling, you know.

Please note the colored card base. It's either SU morning marigold (or was it marigold morning?) or summer sun. Not sure. Doesn't matter. Something sunny was all I needed. The sentiment is from a discontinued Hero Arts clear set, but to my way of thinking, any sunshine-themed sentiment would work here...walking on sunshine, you are my sunshine, sunshine on my shoulders.

Sending sunshine your way!

18 comments:

  1. Amazingly beautiful in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! That unknown color is beautiful. Could you do one with clouds now? I'm not much of a fan of heat and sun, so this made me break out in a sweat.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this. I'm trying to think of an idea for a big swap and I think I'm going to have to CASE this. Right up my alley! Good show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also bought the book (on your recommendation) and I LOVE it - so much inspiration. Your card yesterday was inspired by a photo I also want to use at some point (I made a big, big list!). As for this card, I love how clean yellow white and black look together - you've captured the feeling perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is FABULOUS! I love it! I love it so much that I just bought the Bags and Tags book. You do make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - you should drop by CASology, our cue card this week is fruit and I'm having a hard time keeping a straight face while commenting on pear cards and it's ALL YOUR FAULT! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS!!! Totally love it. Reminds me of a very simple but elegant summer, linen dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to unite 2 bold colors. Bling does it! Love this card. Simple, but striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My book came yesterday. I would NEVER have bought it without seeing all the wonderful creations you made. I'm sure I am not alone when I say your cards and descriptions give me a new way of looking at things in print.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need this book!!! Your cards inspired by it are all amazing, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant, for those of us who can't access this can you provide more "inspiration". this is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure like your interpretation of this gift bag! Love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly what you mean about bags being a source of inspiration. I was recently shopping at CJ Banks and just fell in love with the colors and clean design on their shopping bags and tissue stickers. I couldn't wait to get home to make a similar card. Here's what I came up with: http://galpalmt.blogspot.com/2012/07/unlikely-inspiration.html. Thanks Susan for all the inspiration you give me. And the chuckles along the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bold colors! And the bling tied everything together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just checked the book out of the library. I'm needing some cardmaking inspiration right now. Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say your inspired cards are awesome!! I LOVE THIS BOOK~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card, Susan! Simple, elegant, and yellow (my favourite colour!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a superb card and so adaptable, although I must say it would be hard to beat the punch of that sunshiny yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!