Sunday, July 1, 2012

Monochrome Butterfly Grid

I've had readers ask if I eyeball stamp placement or have a strategy for getting things in the right place. The answer is simple: gridded acrylic blocks and a practiced eye. I use the grids on acrylic blocks religiously, especially for sentiments (which I generally pre-stamp on the edges of scrap paper to verify the straightness thereof), but sometimes, with clear image stamps, I just eyeball it.

The problem is, you rarely see my crooked efforts because I don't post them. So, for the record...I stamp crookedly sometimes, even when I'm extra careful and using a gridded block or stamp positioner. And I don't generally get upset about it. I am human, not a machine, and I make mistakes. It's only paper.

Repeat.

It's only paper.

And now for a butterfly grid that happened because I have a gridded acrylic block and am not afraid to use it.




Oh, yeah. LOVE the fact that Memento now has three graduated shades of orange--light, medium, and dark. I wish they did that for all the colors.

Hello, Memento folks. Are you listening?

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: orange rhinestones



12 comments:

  1. So much to love about this card ... the perfect symmetry (sigh), the colors, and the frame of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omygosh, the gridded acrylic block makes so much sense! And your butterfly card is the perfect example of using that theory! I love it! And it's the only way to get something like that totally perfect. I'd go blind and crazy trying to get 9 butterflies on a card correctly. Thanks for a fabulously useful tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! The colours cheered me up on this grey cloudy day up in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb, the colours, the layout, everything. After seeing your post about the gridded acrylic block I am thinking I might just need one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy - when you know how, thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gorgeous card :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!