Saturday, February 19, 2011

Caribbean Birthday

FYI:

CAS = Clean and Simple
OLW = One-Layer Wednesday Challenge
OLC = One-Layer Card
PTI = Papertrey Ink (an awesome stamp company)
SU = StampinUp (another awesome stamp company)

I hope this clarifies some confusion as I occasionally forget to explain my shorthand.

And now on to today's card. I wanted to use an older, neglected stamp, and found this Stampabilities medallion that I've had for centuries. You've seen this layout before from me (and no doubt elsewhere since it's not original to me), but it's one of my favorites.


How-To Tips: Stamp the medallions on scrap paper and cut them out with a clear quilt ruler and craft knife. This is MUCH easier than trying to stamp on small squares with a wood-mounted rubber stamp...and much neater than trying to cut them out by hand. To place them on the card, arrange them where you want them and then carefully lift them, one at a time, and glue them into place. I think these are spaced a little too far apart, but it doesn't bother me enough to remake the card. I'm just happy to use an old stamp and the utterly fabulous Cool Caribbean.

Many thanks to my friend Patti for sending me the re-inker that made this card possible!

Supplies
stamps: Stampabilities, Papertrey
ink: Cool Caribbean (SU), Memento black
paper: Cool Caribbean, white
accessories: black pearls

15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty in that shade of blue, Susan! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm a big fan of medallion/tile stamps and this is just lovely in that colour.

    Now...a craft knife? That's one of the first craft tools I ever bought and I simply cannot cut a straight line with it. Or anything, really.

    I have devised all sorts of tricks for cutting out these types of images with my paper trimmer(s!) though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great color. That layout design is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color! What a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cool caribbean colour. So relaxing. I have just posted one of my CAS layouts if you're interested (here)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan!
    Love this card, both color and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Caribbean is one of my favorite also. Beautiful layout that I must try. Off to my craft room soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So striking!!! Gotta love Patti!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful card, Susan - I love this colour, too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pleasing card, Susan! Love that color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, and of course it has just the right touches of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely combination of a beautiful stamp with an equally beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card!

    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cool colours and such an awesome stamp. Love it! I am a big fan of your blog and ofcourse your wonderful card - clean, simple and stylish...

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!