Tuesday, February 15, 2011

OLW41 It's Christmas...

I've been saving this one to spring on you when you least expect it. Surprise! It's Christmas in Green and Red on White or Cream. Here's mine:


My card is uber-clean, but not so easy...placement is critical here. Even a little off or crooked or smoodged (that's a word), and the card is ruined. That's why I used my gridded acrylic block. Notice how I used the rule of thirds here in two ways: 1) the line of stamping is on the bottom third line (well, close enough), and 2) the flourished C of the sentiment is centered over the point of the second third of that line, right on the sweet spot. Sweet, yes,  and LOADED with white space!


OLW41 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a Christmas (or Season's Greetings, if you prefer) card, but you must use green and red on white or cream. Feel free to be creative with the shades of green and red...you don't have to stay traditional. You can also use natural-style cardstock, watercolor paper, or textured paper as long as it's white or cream. Keep embellishments to a minimum. Extra points if you do like I did and use an image that isn't specifically holiday!

3. Upload your card somewhere on the internet and link to it using the InLinks button in the sidebar of Simplicity.

4. Most important of all, HAVE FUN!!!!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Faux Ribbon, Silent Night 
ink: cherry cobbler, wasabi
paper: PTI white
accessories: gridded acrylic block



21 comments:

  1. Lovely card......thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow CAS perfection Susan! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! I love it! Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now THAT'S a challenge - lovely lovely card btw

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stylish, Susan - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just added mine - fab challenge, enjoyed this one!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?????? are you kidding me??? Well, I have said I wanted to make Christmas cards all year long to avoid the rush. Maybe this will get me started :-) Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty, Susan, and just as CAS as can be. Great challenge! We'll enjoy seeing all the lovely creations everyone will come up with, and who knows? - maybe we'll get some ideas and get started on next Christmas early!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's been long enough since the holidays for my mojo to come back for such a card. Thanks for the inspiriatioin. Love your simplicity & drama.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, it will only be a couple months before the magazines start asking for Christmas card designs. You're just keeping us limber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas... hmmmm. Do like your card, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for an unusaul challenge in February..:)
    I´ve added mine!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why have I never participated in this challenge or realized that you were the mastermind behind it? Duh! I must say that every ounce of my being doesn't want to think Christmas with the beautiful 60 degree day outside, but I will give it a whirl!
    Your card is simply amazing and PERFECT in every way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some fab cards already peeps

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice surprise, Susan!! I think sometimes the hardest thing about mostly white CAS cards for me is the inevitable smudge!! Often my CAS turn into not-so-CAS because of that, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. I may even try another.

    ReplyDelete
  17. goodness me, I sorted out the stamp drawer and hid all the christmas ones at the back thinking I wouldnt need them for a bit! This is a another tricksy challenge. I like it... will get my thinking hat on....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks again for the inspiration Susan, I really enjoyed taking a fresh look at the Christmas stamp stash with no pressure to have to get it done in time to post out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fantastic, Susan. I've added mine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm taking part for the first time this week - have been admiring other people's fab cards for a few weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous sample Susan, thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!