Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recovery

StampinUp's Thoughts and Prayers is such a pretty set...and enormously useful to us cardmakers. Get well soon just seems so bossy and boring sometimes, especially for people who have prolonged illnesses, multiple procedures, etc. This set has this wonderful sentiment to add some variety to the whole get well greeting.




I started with the embossed lines to make a ground for the tree, which is stamped in Memento's Pear Tart (yummy!) and using a stamp positioner. Pearls complete the soft yet still cheery card.

Sadly, I have nothing pithy or witty or amusing to say about this card. I just really like it.

Remember to keep an eye out for the OLW42 on Jennifer's Blog. I can't wait to find out what fun she's cooked up for us this week!

My younger son's room is the most pathetic in the house, and I'm determined to fix that this week with fresh paint, new bedding, new curtains, and some art. I spent a big chunk of Tuesday shopping for a new bedspread. Who knew it would be so hard to find boy bedding that wasn't too juvenile, too dark, or too sophisticated? Seriously, this is a huge gap in the bed linen world! I finally settled for a set from Target. It's colorful. It has lots of blue. And he loved it, squealing with delight and blissfully shouting, "Thank you soooo much, Mommy!" Awesome.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love that set!

    Now, where is the picture of the bedding you got for your young'un? (And how wonderful that he loved it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely. Maybe it can just speak for itself. Though you do an excellent job speaking for the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope we get before and after photos of the bedroom! Sounds like a fun project. I miss those days! Your card is wonderful. I have to admit that I have never thought of 'Get Well Soon' being bossy, but I will now! lol.... This sentiment is much more heartfelt! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Susan...love that color, and the embossing and pearls are perfect!! What a wonderful mom you are...and what a wonderful and sweet son you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Susan - just like the niche in the bedding market, this does it for the get well card one - thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about this set - I think it's one for my collection.

    Good luck with the decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like this card; I have a thing for trees. Know what you mean about Get Well Soon, it can read more of a command than good wishes. This is a lovely set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti,

    No before pictures...too embarrassing. But I will post the results, probably sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great card! And the embossed lines - well, they truly make the card. And are a reminder to bring out my score board and USE IT! Once again, you have inspired me...and I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, trying again as my last comment made NO sense whatsoever. I'm having a difficult time with commenting today. :sigh:

    That is one of my "go to" stamp sets, a real favorite. Your card is, of course, beautiful. I hope the intended recipient does indeed have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a gorgeous card Susan...the tree is grounded on the embossed lines....just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. I've got to use that embossed line technique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were amusing already with your comment about "get well soon" being too bossy! :P This is a much gentler sentiment, and lovely card. And you are so right, boy choices are often SO limited!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!