Note: I'm posting this early because of our incredible ice storm and the fact that I don't trust Blogger to post a scheduled post on time. The InLinkz button will not go live until midnight, though, assuming I have power long enough to get it set up and on the sidebar!
Today's One-Layer Wednesday Challenge is to use 1) an image, 2) a border stamp (or stamped border), and 3) bling (rhinestones or glitter). It's time to get creative and see how many different things we can do with these three basic elements.
This challenge was inspired by a simplification I did of a gorgeous card by Vanessa Menhorn that was published in the current issue of Papercrafts Magazine. Let's take a look at Vanessa's card first:
Vanessa used printed digital elements, ribbon, rhinestones, and stamps to make her elegant card, so it's got layers. I decided to CASify (or clean and simplify) it, and here's what I came up with:
I liked it so much in blue I decided to see what it would look like in pink!
I liked them both so much I decided they would be the basis for the OLW this week!
Rules for OLW39
1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half. No other layers of cardstock allowed!
2. Use a) an image, b) a border stamp (or stamped border if you're short of border stamps), and c) bling (glitter or rhinestones...doesn't matter). You may add small CAS embellishments to this list (embossing, ribbon, twine, or a charm, for instance), but you may NOT use a sentiment stamp or cardstock layers.
3. Be as creative as you like on your layout, colors, and choice of stamps. I stuck close to the inspiration card, but you DON'T HAVE TO! For instance, your border might not span the whole card, you might use lots of colors, you might make a shaped card, you might emboss with glittered embossing powder, etc. The point is to see how many different things we can do with three basic elements.
4. Upload you creation somewhere on the web and link to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.
5. Most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!
stamps: Hero Arts (small chandelier), Papertrey Ink (Text Style border set)
paper: Papertrey Ink