Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not Quite an OLW40 Card

My plan Wednesday was to work on several challenge cards, including Jennifer's fab OLW40 challenge. Instead, I got sick. As in my throat is on fire and Ricola is my best friend. As in get me ten boxes of Puffs Plus Lotion with Vicks, STAT!

Needless to say, my cold-medicated self channeled weirdness into my other blog (you can read it here) and left nothing for stamping. So today's card is one I stamped last month that I've been saving for just the right time. And now is that time.


Believe it or not, this took three tries. First, the dogwood stamp didn't give a good impression (user error in inking, actually), plus the sentiment used too dark a brown and looked really harsh. Second, the dogwood looked great but the sentiment got smooshed on either end. This stamp, from Papertrey's Everyday Blessings set, is hard to stamp evenly, and I'm not sure why. This was my third and final attempt, and the sentiment still doesn't look perfect. But three's my limit.

And I love how the dogwood image and sentiment work so beautifully together!

Will someone please pass the Puffs?

Supplies
stamps: dogwood (Hero Arts), sentiment (Papertrey)
ink: I can't remember
paper: PTI vintage cream
accessories: not a one

29 comments:

  1. Are the dogwood blooms PTI too? I love the way this turned out. Soft and pretty. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, the dogwood is by Hero Arts and is currently available. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the third time must have been a charm, because this is wonderful! That dogwood is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, and I sure hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    I love the contrast between the soft, gentle looking flowers and the strength and definition of the sentiment — strength in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That image is so very lovely. Beautiful, beautiful composition on your card - perfect I'd say. Hope you feel better soon. Try sipping some hot lemonade - made from fresh lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Threes a charm. Very pretty stamp.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, Susan, soft and light. The dogwood and sentiment are perfect together. It will make a beautiful sympathy card, something I sadly find I need too often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card. A wonderful promise. And sending get well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your cold goes away quickly. Those Ricola lozenges do work wonders don't they.I really like the card and the sentiment looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this card is just so gorgeous!! Colds are the pits! Bundle up, drink lots of fluids (with meds if possible) and read your stamp magazines:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Susan! Hope you feel better real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a pity you are feeling so bad. I am on medication too at the moment for throat/lungs infection so I do know how you must feel. HOpe you will be better soon. I would love to know what kind of ink you used for the dogwood, it looks so soft, it might be chalk ink? Best wishes all the way from Holland (europe)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's soft, subtle and beautiful.

    Hope you're feeling a bit better now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a nasty bug, so I hope it lets go of you quickly! This card is fab, what a lovely dogwood image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. simply stunning!
    I so enjoy your blog!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will send a dog team down with Puffs and Mucinex and you'll be flying high again soon! Although I did just read your other blog... you are such a funny lady! Keep it up. Please. I need someone to figure out the words I cannot. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dogwoods look good to me. Hope you are feeling better....colds are never any fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am just popping in to say how much i love your cards. so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So elegant, Susan! Take good care...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous...love that verse, it's a favorite.
    hope you are feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning! That dogwood is gorgeous! I sure hope you feel better soon!
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tell your husband to turn the heat up! Another cold? Did you know that being cold lowers your resistance to germs? (That's why they used to think you could catch a cold from getting a chill.) Now we know better. Turn the heat up. Nice card. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi. My yahoo reader is not updating your feed...has anyone else had this problem. It only shows feeds from 3 months ago.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous!! What colour is that peachy beige? And are you feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cara, I honestly can't remember, but it may be VersaMagic magnolia bud.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!