Sunday, March 6, 2016

IC534 Gives Me Good Luck

There's just so much awesome inspiration on this Pinterest Board. Audrie used it as the basis for last week's IC534 at Splitcoast, and I'm still geeking out over it.

Check out this amazing picture.

Source


That green chair with the lime-green pillow got me thinking about shape and color and abstract design. This was the result.


The stipple brush made the panels look velvety, just like the chair and pillow in the inspiration photo. Cool, eh? Makes me think of Ireland. And geometry.

I always liked geometry, and I'm descended from Irish royalty. Bet you didn't know that about me.

Don't be too impressed. One-thousands years is a long time for the crowns to get lost. Plus, my 23 Mayflower ancestors mean that for a time my family tree didn't branch very much. I try not to think about that much.

I hope you had a great weekend. We started ours with a Friday night trip to the ER for my husband, who got an ash in his eye while grilling a chicken on his Big Green Egg. Fortunately, he will be fine.

It's always something, isn't it?

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental
ink: Mojito and Celery from Impress Fresh Ink; Memento Luxe espresso truffle
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: stipple brush, craft foam, glue, square punch

7 comments:

  1. I love geometry and abstracts, and this design would work well with many color combinations. AND...it's another great idea for those hard-to-design-for men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the greens! Hope your DH is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I especially love the velvety look. I am Irish by the way, from Ireland. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!