Monday, March 7, 2016

IC535 Paintings for Ants Inspiration

Oh. My. Goodness.

Check out this woman's artwork. Her tiny paintings are simply fabulous...small images surrounded by glorious white space. And they are the source of inspiration for Audrie's Splitcoast Inspiration Challenge this week.

Here's my card for the challenge, which is based on this painting. It was so much fun to make!




Like Lorraine Loots, the artist, I started by marking the center of the card stock with a pencil and then stamped the dragonfly in Memento black ink. Lorraine uses a palette of soft colors frequently in her art, so I chose shades of aqua prismacolor pencils to color the image very simply.

Her art pieces are so much more detailed, and my little dragonfly looked a bit plain, so I painted a think layer of crystal Stickles over its wings for a little added interest.

This idea would make a FABULOUS card set, don't you think?

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts Love Bug
Ink: Memento black
Paper: Papertrey white 
Accessories: craft foam, glue, prismacolor pencils, Stickles

8 comments:

  1. beautiful, perfect for so many occasions, or just to look and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whow, what a wonderful card. I really, really love it!!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beauty ... and wonderful set in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty dragonfly, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Susan. Love the colors. I sure do have trouble dealing with white space. Maybe I need to put this on my own personal list of challenges! Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I agree, this would be a very nice set to give someone and it certainly wouldn't take very long to put it together.
    dmc

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE--ly !!!

    I read Unknown's comment and agree that it would be a very nice set to give someone, but I DO NOT agree that it wouldn't take very long to put together. These cards that LOOK so simple are (at least for me) quite difficult to nail. You do it beautifully though, Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!