Saturday, March 19, 2016

Inspiration via Bubble Bath and Reminders

A few reminders...
If you want to follow my cards on Pinterest, you'll find them on the board Cards by Susan Raihala. Many thanks to the 419 people who are already following it, even though it's only been up for about a week. You make me feel like a rock star!

My Pure Inspiration board on Pinterest has tons of inspiration (631 pins to date) if you are interested in a random assortment of images that caught my eye as potentially useful. Sort of like today's inspiration!

Plus, it's easy to follow Simplicity on Facebook. Just go to Simplicity by Lateblossom and join up! I link to all posts there, so you'll find out in your Facebook feed when there's a new post. If you use Facebook, it's a great way to keep up. But don't join Facebook just to follow me. It's not worth it, and it will suck your life away in a most annoying fashion.



Today's Card
Sometimes, a pin on Pinterest screams at me to BE INSPIRED, DARN IT!!!! This pin is such a pin.

Source


Eeep. Love, love, love the red, wavy shapes. So I went to work and used stamps from five different companies to make a card that makes me very, very happy.


Note that I placed my stamped panel on the right while the sentiment hangs off to the left, putting it in the upper left "sweet spot" for a focal point. That arrangement provides some nice asymmetry and movement that would not be there had I left the stamped panel larger (I trimmed it quite a bit) or put it in the center with the sentiment centered one-third of the way down as it is on the bubble-bath box.

To link the stamped panel and the sentiment better, I used Hero Arts charcoal on both the text stamp and the sentiment stamps. For my purposes that seemed to make more sense than using black, as the labels on the box and bottle do.

And that's all I have to say about that.


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Text Style, Hero Arts Antique Engravings, PSX three shells, A Muse coral, My Favorite Things Label Maker Sentiments
ink: Hero Arts red royal, charcoal, sand; Memento rhubarb stalk
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: dimensionals

13 comments:

  1. Oh! Oh!!
    What a wonderful CAS version of the inspiration items!
    Very impressive!
    As always, thanks for sharing.
    I am fixing to throw away all my old magazines that I thought I needed for card ideas.......I have YOU for inspiration!
    Marty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you are on fire at the moment!! The past couple of weeks have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan, love how you used that bubblebath for inspiration. Your card is stunning, just love the red and how you used the stamps you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, and very true to the inspiration. Surprisingly busy for you, but I really like it!!! I love when you do patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS busy, but oh how pretty that red coral is!

      Thanks, Karen!

      Delete
  5. I love reading your thought processes when making a card. Initially this inspiration pic doesn't look your style at all but you have seen the potential and created a fab card that is true to the original pic but has your imprint on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I thought the coral stamp was from PTI's Through the Trees, and I loved how you were branching out. Umm, sorry. I couldn't help myself.

    I don't know how you manage to do it, but I'm receiving both energetic and peaceful vibes from this card. Love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the color combination of red, beige and black. I would have never thought of using those colors together. Now I can hardly wait to try something with that pallette.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the color combination of red, beige and black. I would have never thought of using those colors together. Now I can hardly wait to try something with that pallette.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I love the color combination. It makes we want to decorate somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!