Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Inspired by a Candy Wrapper and Eating Crow

Today's card was inspired by these candy wrappers:

Source


And here's my card!



Because the stamped area is so busy, I cut it down to fit on the card base with a very wide white mat showing. That keeps the idea of the original wrappers but makes it my own with some space to breathe.

The raised panel is one layer. The blue rectangle was stamped using a Hero Arts shadow stamp and Hero Arts soft sky ink. Then, I masked the blue with a post-it note and randomly stamped various images from Papertrey's Doodlie Do set in Memento black. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Mega Mixed Messages and is stamped in Memento Luxe black.

Of course it would be easier to use a rectangle of light blue card stock instead of ink for this, but whoever said anything worth doing had to be easy?

Well, I've probably said that myself on occasion. But for this, I figured two layers were quite enough.

Have you ever announced you were finished with something only to realize that, no, indeed, you still had a whole bunch more to do? Surely you've finished washing the dishes, turned around, and found a dirty pot or two on the stove behind you.

Well, a while back, I announced I'd made all the birthday cards I needed for 2016.

Oh, how I wish!

Seems I send/give way more birthday cards than are included on my formal birthday list (which contains mostly family and friends who live far away). I had to raid that stash just the other day, stealing a card intended for a cousin with a November birthday, just to send a card to one of our Stephen Ministers. We have 16 Stephen Ministers. And a pastor. And other church friends. And a few other local friends. Oh my.

So now I'm back to making more birthday cards.

One of you actually commented something to this effect on my original "last birthday card of 2016" post. Whoever you are, you were right. I was wrong.

Never again will I say I'm finished. With anything!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey, Hero Arts
ink: Hero Arts, Memento, Memento Luxe
paper: Papertrey
accessories: craft foam, glue, post-it notes

7 comments:

  1. Wow, super pretty, Susan! I love how you took your inspiration photo and turned into a magnificent card! As for birthday cards, you're way ahead of the game if you have 99% of them created already. :) I'm always the one making one the day before or a couple days before (if I think of it) and mailing them late. It's like the saying, the cobbler's family is the last to get their shoes... My family knows they'll get their cards eventually as it takes me time to get my act together (especially lately with all that is going on).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the wrappers.
    And you're way ahead of me for cards ... I'm normally scrambling the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card. all that black and white is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interpretation of the inspiration. (love that sentence, lol) Beautiful card; and I thought that was a piece of blue card stock until you mentioned that it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a GREAT card! I love your work.
    dmc

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. Where do you find all these brilliant packages? When I look in the supermarket I never see anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Stampin Up has a set from the fall that has a similar look. I think I'll be able to use it to CASE this idea. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!