Sunday, March 20, 2016

Window Inspiration

IC534 from four weeks ago still inspires me. Take a look at this pin from Peg Schoenfelder's minimalist board.


Source

How utterly striking!

So here's my version.

Card Size 7.25" x 3.75"
As with the bubble-bath-box inspiration yesterday, my take is pretty literal, with just a few tweaks. I wasn't about to put a big tub on my card, so silver nobs on the side of the panel wouldn't have made sense. My touch of silver is a visual triangle drawing the eye to the ferns at the bottom instead. Without the silver beads, my eye was fixed in the middle of the blue...it's just so pretty!!!




To make the blue background, I used washi tape to mask the strip and a torn post-it note to create the mountain effect at the top. Memento Danube blue ink was stippled onto the strip until it was a deep, rich blue. Assorted fern/branch punches hang over the sides a bit, but were trimmed flat on the bottom.

While I love my monochromatic blue card, this idea would also be beautiful with oranges and reds in an ombre effect, don't you think?



On another topic, it's Holy Week, the most important week in the Christian liturgical calendar. I hope my readers who are Christian have a meaningful week as we reflect on Christ's great sacrifice and the glorious good news of the empty tomb. I'll be posting an Easter reflection on my faith blog later this week, if you're interested.

May all of us--no matter our faith practice or lack thereof--make it a great week in which we all do what we can to promote peace, love, mercy, and grace in this world! Blessings!

Supplies
stamps: none
ink: Memento Danube blue
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: various punches, craft foam, glue pen, silver beads, post-it note, washi tape, stipple brush

10 comments:

  1. I am in constant awe of the simplicity in your cards. It's so impressive. You inspired me to keep trying less is more concept

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G
    you are magical, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely striking card - and true to the inspiration .happy Easter to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Very peaceful.
    dmc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your card way more than I like that bathtub. Very, very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I love it GF...wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!