Thursday, July 14, 2016

IC553 Again: Lucky Stars

Now, black and white together generally make a formal, elegant, or dramatic statement. But the Pile of Love card shows the combination can be soft and subtle, and today's card shows the loose, fun side of these two opposites.



Here, the stars are scattered randomly, guiding your eye all over the card until it settles on the sentiment. There's energy, but it's not dramatic, and it's certainly not elegant or formal.

And here's the inspiration photo I used:

Source


I'm so grateful for Audrie's challenge because it's opened my eyes about a color combo that I'd pigeonholed into wedding or New Year's Eve cards.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Star Scribbles, Hero Arts Shoot for the Moon
ink: Memento Luxe black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: none

3 comments:

  1. You are rocking the black and white theme, Susan. Your cards keep getting more awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you work it all out, I just go with how it all looks! LOL Fabulous card :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just getting caught up on your posts and have loved all the b&w cards, but b&w is probably my fav color combo. I urge you to try adding a pop of color and do a trio. Try b&w with accents of either white, or yellow, or bright green. Each color adds it own flavor and depending on the sentiment and stamps, can give it a whole new feel. You can even get a gradient if you use gray as your 3rd color. Love that your mojo was flowing and you got so many great cards out of the process!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!