Thursday, July 21, 2016

Scraplet, Versions 3.0 and 3.1

The first Scraplet card is here, and 2.0 is here

My third variation on the inspiration piece changed the color scheme again and incorporated the metallic marker border (just in silver this time). This Christmas card is vaguely patriotic with a blue snowflake and red sentiment.





Now, as I looked at the card, it seemed that something was missing. The silver border seemed festive enough, but that snowflake looks a tad flat, with a matte finish no real snowflake ever had. Of course, that stamp doesn't show a "real" snowflake, nor have I ever seen blue snowflakes, so verisimilitude isn't exactly my goal. Bling seemed to be in order.



One rhinestone perks this card up nicely!

Never underestimate the power of bling.

So now you've seen three different versions of a single layout. Which was your favorite?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Snowflake Serenade, Side by Side Sentiments
ink: Hero Arts pool, red royal
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestone, silver Prismacolor metallic marker, craft foam, glue


8 comments:

  1. Snowflakes are my weakness. I enjoy their beauty and whimsy,and I thought for sure it would be my favorite. Then I looked back at the other two. And that autumn wreath spoke to me. Not sure how you did that, but there it is. Truth be known, all three are delightful! Well done lady!!!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three cards, Susan, but maybe I have a very slight preference for the first one. Love how graphic it looks. Even so, I'm thinking of caseing both your snowflake card (I love snowflake stamps and dies) and your wreath (but turning it into a Christmas wreath). Thanks for always inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You only need a spring version to complete the seasonal set! I love all the variations but the original lime one makes me sigh with contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the 3 versions! My favorite is the 1st with the lime colors. It's so fresh and playful looking. And I like the 2nd and 3rd, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is 2.0 Just love the colors and the way the design 'moves' - I'm most partial to autumn, and this is just so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue snowflake with the bling. It's great1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all of them I like the blue snowflake the best. Where do you buy your inks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of different places. I always try JoAnn's sales online first but they don't always carry what I want.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!