Tuesday, July 12, 2016

IC553: Subtle Black and White

Yesterday's card showed lots of drama in the stark black-and-white contrast, but what happens when you just put a tiny bit of black on a whole lot of white?

Softness and subtlety.



This card was inspired by this pin on the Pinterest board for this week's IC553 at Splitcoast. Here's the inspiration photo:


Note that the black backdrop in the photo adds drama, but I wanted to combine the lightness and calm of yesterday's photo (below) with the texture and sentiment of today's inspiration photo and see what happened.



EEEEP! I'm happy with the results. After all, I'm giving this card to my husband, and after 30 years of marriage, we've learned that drama is over-rated and lots of love creates peace and harmony. (Well, most of the time!)




I continued the theme on the inside with a strip explaining the pile of love on the front.




I used the StampinUp Rotary Alphabet stamp and some light-weight card stock to make tearing easier. To give the card more texture, I used a glue pen to add glue only to the centers of the torn strips. That way, the edges stay wavy.

See what I mean about getting wildly different looks from black and white?

*happy sigh*

Supplies
stamps: StampinUp rotary alphabet
ink: Memento tuxedo black 
paper: Papertrey white base, 80lb Neenah Solar white for strips
accessories: glue pen

9 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful sense of style. This card speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft clouds of love!! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mark so many of your cards as Favorites, but I think I have to start a new category of Favorite Favorites. This set off all sorts of buzzers in my brain and heart, and not only because I like to tear up things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Torn paper PLUS multiple layers. LOVE it....but what have you done with the real Lateblossom????? :)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're truly amazing - I love every card you've done! Sorry I've been working so much that I am late posting! YOU'RE FABULOUS and all the designs are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!