Sunday, October 15, 2017

Festive Gradient Sentiment

While experimenting with my Hero Arts ombre inks, I decided to use the red gradient for a Christmas sentiment. Since the sentiment is so wide, I opted for a 6.25" by 3.5" card.

The breathing room created by the wide, low card worked perfectly.

Coordinating envelope from Marco's because life's too short
to make envelopes.
This blessings sentiment from Hero Arts is so versatile. There are other words to go with it to fit all sorts of occasions, so it's not a set that stores conveniently in any one category. But I've always been a sucker for Christmas blessings sentiments, so I had to have it. You'll see me use the coordinating die on a non-Christmas card coming up. Some sets make me extremely happy. This is one of them.

And some ink pads make me extremely happy. The ombre pads certainly do.



It bothers me that I can't put the accent on ombre. Sadly, my laptop keyboard number key pad has a malfunctioning zero key, so I have to live accentless.

First-world problems.

I'll focus on that delightful gradient on the sentiment. So festive!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Blessings, Papertrey Mistletoe and Holly, random holly for envelope
ink: Hero Arts ombre red, Impress Fresh Ink mojito
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, envelope, red Smooch for berries on envelope

3 comments:

  1. I have the Blessings set and love it for many reasons, only one of which is the font. I also have the Prayers set which uses the same font. I love simple classic fonts. There are several sentiment sets that I love, but don't buy because of the fonts.

    I do love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is my favorite color, and the gradient on "blessings" is just downright delicious.

    I really like this particular line of Hero Arts' Stamp and Cut sets; I have "Joy," "Thanks," "Happy," and "Hello," and they're so versatile! I think I've pulled out at least one of them for every card or envelope I've made since I got the sets a month and a half ago. I'll be using the "Joy" set for all my Christmas cards this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I really love this one. The blessings stamp is great. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!