Sunday, October 29, 2017

Getting a Head Start on Birthday Cards for 2018

Y'all. It's nearly the end of 2017. We're five-sixths the way through. I'd like to file a complaint with whoever sets the pace of time because, dang, it's going way too fast.

So I decided to start on birthday cards for 2018. After randomly pulling Fine Feathers from Waltzingmouse from my stash, I made this card for my uncle, who was a biology professor and ornithologist before retiring. He has a fall birthday and recently sent me an email thanking me for acknowledging that he's not dead yet. He's pretty funny and deserves a fine feather card!




The ink pad is Hero Arts ombre autumn, which is sooooo pretty! The diagonal line of the bling and feather adds movement to the very stable horizontal, strong sentiment. The clean design makes my heart go pitter-patter.

I hope it has the same effect on you.

Happy sigh.



Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey sentiment, Waltzingmouse Fine Feather
ink: Hero Arts ombre autumn, Memento Luxe espresso truffle
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I have just started using feathers but only dies so far but I think my feather stamps now need a workout after seeing this great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, I have this stamp set and it’s so awesome to see a card made with it again, I LOVE this set, it’s definitely one of my favorites! Thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right---it does cause a pitter-patter. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with perceived movement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this. The colors are scrump-dilly-licioius. Or is that an ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love feather cards! This is no exception. I follow heaps and heaps of cardmakers online, and when your post comes into my inbox I smile and check them out straight away. However, I'd missed this one and, I had always thought you were Australian, as I am, for some reason, till I read the Y'all and dang at the top of this post and I had a chuckle to myself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!