Sunday, October 22, 2017

Same Layout + Two Looks = Slump Ended

While poking around on Pinterest, I came across this card by Cristina and knew I could make a couple of thank-you cards for Karen's Card Shop using her fabulous layout. I decided to challenge myself to create two very different looks out of it.

I think I succeeded.


The first version uses warm, cheerful colors and Papertrey's Embellished Elegance, which is a bit whimsical but organic. I also blinged it up. So much fun!




The second version changes the colors to blue and green (my favorite color combination!) and uses Papertrey's Grunge Me. It's so modern and geometric!

Taking an idea/layout/theme and seeing how I can vary it gives me a creative thrill. These two cards came at the end of a long, hard slog of finding my mojo again. I need to remember how much fun this variation-on-some-fabby-inspiration is the next time I find myself in a creative dry spell.

What do you do when you're in a slump? Other than clean your craft space. I did that. For once, it didn't work.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: various dye inks (mostly Archival and Hero Arts)
paper: Papertrey 
accessories: rhinestones, silver metallic marker (Prisma), ruler, mask

4 comments:

  1. Love this Susan. I'm totally off crafting now..lol..have signed up for a Christmas card exchange and my brain is in a freeze!! It's just 3 cards I need to make, and it feels so hard. I think I'll go on a Pinterest trawl too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done a few cards with this layout _ love its simplicity bith your cards are stunning - my attempt was flowers but not as good as yours - pinterest is great but to stop looking is the problem !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go Pinteresting, but it IS a black hole. In a good way, of course. 😉 Also from the Internet, I save copies of interesting cards and inspirational ideas in a folder on my computer and go back through them when I can't think of anything. Simplicity has its own folder, of course, as I see so many inspiring cards on your blog....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!