Saturday, August 10, 2024

Big Hugs and Air Hugs

So Monday, my throat hurt, and I felt a little off. Took a COVID test, and it was negative. Woke up Wednesday to drive home from Maryland, and I knew something was wrong. Gave my family air hugs and left. Took a second test Wednesday evening, and it was unambiguously positive. 

Now I’m missing out on a trip to DC for a friend’s retirement ceremony (George went without me). Surprisingly bitter about this…not his going. I’m grateful at least one of us can go, but I’m bitter about  being sick in the first place. 

My case of COVID is worse than I thought it would be, especially since I got the booster back in February. But overall, it’s like having an ordinary case of the flu. I’m quarantining and am so very grateful Jack can drive to the grocery store for me. 

Today’s card is a BIG HUG inspired by this pin



I stamped the three shades of Simon Says ink onto white paper using an old Hero Arts block stamp and die cut with a Sizzix flower die. The embossed background adds fun texture.

Now I have a use for some large sentiment dies! Thanks for the inspiration! 

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you got sick. Bummer. I'm impressed that you made a beautiful card when feeling crummy! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's a beautiful card but I'm sorry you're sick and having to miss out. That said, I THANK YOU for staying home, doing the right thing, and not infecting a bunch of others. Smooch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!