Monday, August 19, 2024

Three for One Feathers and a Challenge

Quick COVID update: I finally tested negative Sunday night. Yippeeee! I’d forgotten how irritating masks are.

Today’s post spotlights a Tim Holtz feather die. I decided to explore my specialty paper file box and play around. After much trial and error, I present you with three cards, six feathers, and one very satisfied card maker. 

First up, some gorgeous, iridescent marbled paper I’ve had for over 20 years. Add some dark green velvet paper for the top feather, and then a gold wax seal and gold cord for embellishment. Couldn’t decide where to put a sentiment, so I didn’t.



Next, we see some textured blue paper and some rather thick mulberry paper that came with a gift from a friend about ten years ago. A “hope” charm combined with pearls, DMC floss, some pearls, and a birch-bark background finish the piece. 


And finally, we have some gorgeous patterned vellum and a marigold inclusion paper. The creamy pearls came from a reader probably 15 years ago, and the grass stamp is from Papertrey. 


What a great layered die, and what fun to dig out pretty papers I’ve not used in quite a while!

What do you want to play with from your stash that’s gone largely unused for a while? Pick a supply or technique and run with it!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!