Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Working the Processes

Years ago, I put a process in place for integrating new products into my stash. I keep a basket for all new products, and I can’t put the new stuff away until I’ve used it. Generally speaking, the process works well to keep me from getting too far ahead in my buying. 

For the past year, though, the basket has gotten fuller and fuller…and I kept buying and buying. Not egregiously, of course, but a little here, a little there, into the basket to sit. 

Last week, I set an intention to empty the basket. As of today, there’s very little left. Having Covid, it turns out, is good for crafting. 

Today’s card was one of many resulting from that intention. These flower dies from Simon Says are soooooo pretty! I used distress inks to ink the white die cuts, Copics to color-match the rhinestones, and a Tim Holtz 3D embossing folder to add texture to the background. 


The process of healing from Covid is running its course slowly this time, but I’m starting to feel better. I re-tested Tuesday morning, and the test was still aggressively positive. Whatever. The guidelines are indecipherable as far as contagion is concerned. Some sources say you’re good 5-7 days after symptoms start, others say you can be contagious up to 20 days after symptoms start. Still others say that 24 hrs after your fever breaks, you’re good to go. One website said that the darker the line on the test, the more contagious you are, so I continue to isolate and mask up at home. 

Therefore, I’ve had plenty of time to craft. So yay! Many more posts to come!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and Kleenex, 

Susan

2 comments:

  1. I love the card! Your idea for a basket for unused items is a good one - I think 8/15/2024 is a good day to start that idea and already have a few scattered around. Hope you feel better soon - my husband and I had it for the second time in April and it took a good month to get over the fatigue aspect. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Covid stinks - feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!