Sunday, August 11, 2024

Using Copics the Easiest Way Possible and Hoarding Pins

Y’all know I’m no Copic expert, but a new set from Simon Says called Friendship Leafy Cluster was tailor-made for coloring with Copics the easy way. 

The overlapping outlines of the leaves let you play around with different shades without the pesky difficulty of, you know, actually shading anything. Just fill in each space with light, medium, and dark colors, with the overlaps being the darkest shades. 




These coloring projects were easy, soothing, and stress-free. And blingy. Gotta love the bling. I used monochromatic choices, but you could make rainbows or whatever. 


So let’s talk about Pinterest for a minute. Electronic image hoarding is a thing, and I’m a fan. It doesn’t cost anything (except the effort of ignoring ads), and you can start a new board anytime you want. 

I recently started a new board called Card Design, which is making me happy. It’s centered on the idea, funnily enough, of card designs I want to make. That’s key. Not card designs I like, but ones I want to try to adapt to my style. I’ve made quite a few cards that make me happy since focusing on design: layout, background techniques, die cuts, embossing folders, color choices, etc. Studying this board has given me a bit of much-needed focus. 

If you, too, hoard electronic images, why not check out Card Design, and start a card design board of your own. Name it something more interesting than Card Design, though. That’s sort of boring.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link, there are some great designs there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your leaves! I craft to create and share but also it is my paper therapy. I also love your new board. Thanks as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there's such a thing as hoarding electronically yet it seems I do it! I have one board named "Simplicity"...your cards are my focus! Sorry you have COVID (I'm reading backwards) but glad you are feeling better. Continue to heal and enjoy making cards. ~Faye~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!