Friday, March 31, 2023

Alcohol Ink Backgrounds

Several years ago, I watched a video about using Copic markers on vellum to create an alcohol background, gave it a try, and was very happy with the results. But I couldn’t think what to do with some of the backgrounds I made, so they sat in a drawer until recently. 

First up, I went nautical with the blue and green background and my favorite seahorse layering stamps from Papertrey.  The sentiment strip was a gift from my friend Joan.


The second card uses a balloon die that Joan also gifted me. The sentiment is from StampinUp. 


Both of these cards rely on some pretty vellum and sequins, and I was so grateful to have the sequins. Usually, I try sequins on a card and switch to rhinestones instead. For these two cards, the sequins are perfect!

What common embellishment do you struggle with most? 

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!