Monday, October 12, 2015

A Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

I continue to work my way through my Christmas stamp collection, having added about six or seven stamps to the "store for a year and get rid of" box in the past few days. This plan to purge is succeeding in its early stages...now to follow through completely. I can do this!!!!

Today's card uses the spindly tree from Clearly Besotted's Tiny Trees set.


A hint of glitter glue on the star adds just a little something to this card that's big on white space. Note that the sentiment itself becomes the ground for the tree, adding to the unity of the few elements on the card.

This started off life as a one-layer card, but it needed something. That's when I decided to pop up a panel. The popped panel uses Jennifer McGuire's suggestion of craft foam, and I must say the solidity of it gives the whole card a nice feeling of quality lacking when just dimensionals are used. Yay, Jennifer!

And now for a T-shirt I need:


To adult, or not to adult? That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous adulting or to simply curl up alone in a comfy chair, sip coffee, and read a book while avoiding all pretense of responsibility and housework...I don't know.

Excuse me while I buy another book on my Nook....



Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted Tiny Trees, Papertrey Keep It Simple Christmas
ink: Hero Arts butter bar, field greens, red royal
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue, Stickles


5 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The t-shirt reminds me of a past I saw on Facebook of a person lying sprawled out on the ground. It said something to the effect of "I can't adult today". I found that pretty true for me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I dodge the slings and arrows of adulting very often. My Nook comes to my rescue often as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't Nooks grand for buying the next in a series at midnight. In your jammies.

      Delete
  3. Love this card! And I love Charlie Brown Christmas because that very cartoon led my husband to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior! After he heard/saw Linus' part quoting Luke 2 he was amazed at what he heard and found a Bible to read it for himself! And my husband led me to the Lord years later! It's astounding what God can use to draw us to Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this with us! What a great story.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!