Monday, October 5, 2015

Christmas Contrast

Yesterday's post provoked a big response. Lots of feels regarding buying stuff.

Lots. Of. Feels.

If you missed the post, check it out here. And make sure you read the comments. Good thoughts, different perspectives. Many thanks to all who chimed in the comments and in private emails.

I feel very good about the plan, and today's cards reflect that good feeling! I pulled out Everyday Christmas Wishes from Stampin'Up. After years of buying stamps, finding a really good one still happens more randomly than I'd like. This was a random, impulse purchase from last year, but I liked it so much I recently bought SU's birthday and thank-you versions of it. Perhaps it's the simplicity of the set that makes it so very, very easy to work with.

You see what I did there?

Anyway, here's the bold version of the card, using sky blue Brilliance and Memento Luxe Danube blue inks.


And then there's the subtle version (which was really hard to photograph!). It uses Avery Elle's pixie ink and Memento Luxe rhubarb stalk.




The hand-drawn snowflakes and handwritten sentiment are so very appealing! And yes, I filled all the space, but every now and then, I get a little carried away. The high energy of the blue card contrasts so nicely with the more peaceful, serene feel of the pink one.

Isn't color magnificent!!!!

These cards make me happy. I hope they make you happy, too!

Supplies
stamps: Stampin Up
ink: various pigment
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestones, dimensionals, scallop scissors (for rounding two corners of the raised panel a bit), Sharpie for coloring the pink rhinestones (the blue came pre-colored ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!