Thursday, October 29, 2015

There Are No Mistakes


...only opportunities for embellishment.



While playing around with Fair Isle Motifs from Papertrey, I tried to use the two-step stamps in the set. There is a tiny, four-stitch stamp that fits (supposedly) into the center of the largest design. My idea was to add a spot of red to the center of the gray motif, but OF COURSE I lined it up crooked and it looked ugly.

Very ugly.

Two-step stamping and I have a history. A dysfunctional history. Too many mistakes like this one. Too many groans of frustration.

So then, I thought, "Hey, what about stamping a larger center for the design on a scrap, punching it out with a circle punch, and covering up embellishing the mistake?"

And a card was born.

YAY!

Supplies
stamps: Fair Isle Motifs (Papertrey), Everyday Wishes (StampinUp)
ink: Memento Luxe
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: circle punch, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. GREAT SAVE! Don't you just love it when you're firing on all cylinders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout of this card with the image and sentiment. Your embellishment looks like it was meant to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you hadn't told us the truth, I would not have realized your embellishment was a save. Great job, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome save! I make so many mistakes, most of my cards are saves to some degree. ;/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistakes are the story of my life with my cards. That's why my cards have so many layers, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!