Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Clean and Simple Challenge #11



I am late posting this on my blog because I was away for my grandmother's funeral. She passed quite suddenly early Friday morning and is now with Jesus and her husband, whom she has missed so much for over twenty years. She would have loved this card!

The challenge was to use JC Penney's children's bedding for inspiration. I used this set here for my inspiration. What a fun challenge this was, and I'm going to go back and make a few more cards from different sets.

This card looks much more complicated than it is. I used a square punch on scraps of cardstock for the border and "wrote" the stitches with coordinating SU markers. The hearts are PTI's nesting punches. The flowers are a punch I've had forever. The faux stitching didn't take nearly as long as I expected it to take. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Quilter's Sampler.

Hope you like it!

10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. Beautiful card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    I am so sorry to hear of your Grandmothers passing...Big hugs to you...Your cards for the CAS11 challenge are pretty as always! Cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog via Leslie Miller/Rich, Running with Scissors, and I love your work! You do clean and simple beautifully! I'll be back! Often! Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. The Lord be with you and your family at this time.
    Hugs
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Susan! I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother - I hope your family are okay. Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.
    Your card is so fun and cheerful, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little squares framing the sentiment, the colours are bright and cheery.
    Sorry to hear your sad news, your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I'm sure she would have loved this card. The colors are so fresh and sweet, and the concept and design are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card is stunning, a victory in simplicity.
    I wish your family peace as you all deal with the loss of your grandmother. (I just lost my Oma after a lengthy hospital stay, it is not any easy to watch the suffering and praying for it to be over.)
    I am sure the Lord and her DH welcomed her with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was searching your blog for the ruler you use and found this beauty! Oh my to be able to place so evenly~~ It's my new challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!