Monday, February 5, 2018

Color Combo Pin Frenzy

Do you ever find yourself getting into a pinning frenzy: your Pinterest feed fills with all sorts of good things, and you simply must pin every one of them?

For some reason (most likely some deviously manipulative algorithm by the crack dealers code writers at Pinterest), my feed has been flooded with the most amazing color combinations lately. If you want to check out my board titled Color My World, beware! You might feel the need to indulge a pinning frenzy of your own.

Inspired by this color combination with orange, red, and shades of gray, I made today's card.


The gray tree is stamped with Delicata silver. I'd stamped a version in Hero Arts soft granite and tried painting it with Wink of Stella, but the result was a disaster. I really wanted to add just a little shimmer to the tree, so Delicata's silver called to me. The result is lovely, I think.




Second time's the charm.

The take-away from this card is that you don't have to use a lot of color from those gorgeous combinations to make a striking card. Good neutrals and a few pops of color can make a clean-and-beautiful combination!

Do you have a Pinterest board dedicated to color? How often do you use it for inspiration? 

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Through the Trees, Hero Arts Thank You Messages
ink: Hero Arts orange soda, red royal, charcoal; Delicata silver
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The silver looks wonderful with the orange and red. I don't use color inspiration boards, but I do enjoy putting different colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a gorgeous combo! Now following your board on Pinterest... Pinning frenzy alert! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have a board dedicated to colors. This is a very striking card - neutral with pops of color looks amazing. I will definitely follow your board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have MULTIPLE boards dedicated to colour. I them based on colour challenges I see. SU colours... I have boards for my favorite colours. If two colours for which I have a board are in the combo, I go by alphabetical order - so if combo is Calypso Coral, Always Artichoke & Old Olive, it goes on the Always Artichoke board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I find it amusing that the images evoke winter and chilly temperatures and the sentiment is warm wishes. Good balance of the message

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the color really caught my eye - but your tree is also perfect, simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!