Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Falling Leaf

Some stamps are timeless and far too perfect to ever get rid of. This leaf from Stampa Rosa is one such stamp. 


I like the dimension here. The burnt orange square is glued to the card base, the brown square is popped up with a thin dimensional, and the stamped square is popped up on top of the brown square with another thin dimensional. Squares often create a static feel, but this staggered popping seems fitting for a falling leaf image, doesn't it?

I've mentioned frequently that autumn is my favorite season. A few leaves have started to fall despite warm temperatures. But pumpkin-spice everything is just around the corner, folks, and I'm as happy as a puppy chasing leaves about it. 

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and kindness,

Susan

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this design and layout! Perfect for Thanksgiving. You will be cased for sure :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked your cards. This one (and your previous cards with rectangles) is a show-stopper! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a perfect little piece of autumn. It's still in the mid to upper 90s here and I cannot wait for fall! it doesn't last long but it is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite layouts by far! Not an expert on design elements, but I love the contrast of the curves in the leaf and crisp edges of the squares. Love that subtle layering effect as well. Simple and so perfect. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!