Monday, June 6, 2022

Subtle Inspiration

Today's card was inspired by this incredibly beautiful card by Daniela Gundlach. Daniela is a much better photographer than I am, too. 

I simplified her design and flipped the orientation to landscape instead of portrait, but the inspiration is clear. And let me say I adore the way the tails of my twine bow flip happily up. Wish they all worked out so well!



So in a recent post, I complained about not having enough sentiments. Today's complaint is not having enough ink colors. The text strip (Papertrey's Text Style) is a bit too pale, but the next shade darker was definitely too dark. Trust me, I tried it. Even tried off-stamping it, but no luck. I just didn't have the "perfect" shade of brown.

This fruitless quest will no doubt drain my bank account.

Therefore, I conclude, stamping is a hobby that leads us in search of the "perfect" _________. Fill in your blank. What is it that you can't find the "perfect" of?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

4 comments:

  1. White cardstock. I buy by the ream and never seem to get great stuff twice in a row even when I save the packaging. I have so much that is too thin, or weirdly coated, or a funny shade of white. I run a stamp club and prep for 25+ once a month so it all gets used. I'd like consistency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I work mostly on Papertrey's Stampers Select white, which is super heavy and has a slight "tooth" to it. For Copic coloring, I use Gina K's heavy cardstock, which isn't exactly a pure white but doesn't bleed through. Neenah makes an excellent heavy cardstock with a lighter version for layering that matches the shade of white. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful card. For me the "perfect ______" could be anything from the "right" ink, paper, embellishment or the "perfect" size sentiment stamp to fit my intended space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I was thinking there aren't enough light ink colors in my stash just the other day. It's always something.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!