Welcome to DAY 1 of Simplicity's Rainbow Mojo Give-Away! Thank you for being the best blog readers EVER! In less than a year, Simplicity has logged over 86,000 hits. This figure staggers me. It also makes me squeal in childlike glee!
To celebrate your kindness and support, I am sharing the Rainbow Mojo. You all know how important that extra little "something something" on a card takes it from blah to beautifully CAS. Over the years, I've tried so much stuff, some of which worked beautifully for me and some of which didn't. I've already given away almost all the stuff that didn't work, and now my embellishment drawers floweth over with bountiful beauty that warms my heart and inspires my creativity.
So I went through each of my embellishment drawers (which are organized by color) and pulled out some of my favorite embellishments to share with you, my fabulous readers: ten bubble envelopes of delight going to ten lucky readers!
The amount in each give-away will vary from day to day, depending on what's in my stash. Most of these items will be familiar to you since you've seen them on my cards before. Each lucky winner will also receive the card I made using some embellishment in the give-away.
Here are the rules:
1. Each day, I will ask a question for you to answer: a question with no right answer! See how easy? No posting links or such. One comment per reader per post. Please do NOT comment via email; come to the website and leave a public comment for inclusion in the drawings. You may enter all the give-aways (or just the ones for colors you like, LOL!). Comments will be open for 48 hours, and then a winner will be selected at random and announced on the blog.
2. If a winner does not leave contact information or respond within 48 hours of her/his name being announced, another winner will be selected.
3. No one may win more than once. That way, we can spread the love around! You can continue commenting throughout the give-away, though. Your number just won't count in the later drawings.
4. As many as three winners may live outside the United States. I'm sorry to limit this because of customs forms and international postage, and I sincerely hope my international readers will understand.
So, let's get started, shall we! Today's colors aren't technically in the rainbow, but I have lots of embellies dedicated to them. BLACK and WHITE are basics of stamping, so here's the give-away:
1. Six lengths of ribbon, including gingham, grosgrain, and a satin-and-sheer stripe (Yummy!).
2. Two lengths of craft thread (black and white)
3. Black PTI buttons
4. Maya Road white velvet flowers
5. Black and white small brads
6. Googlie eyes (the last card I used these on got next to no comments, but I loved it and so did the child who received it!)
7. Clear rhinestone brads
8. A baggie of black flock
9. A baggie of fun glittery white flakes (I made a shaker ornament this Christmas using this stuff as snow....fun, fun, fun!)
10. My absolute favorite of today's give-away: a package of Hero Arts Half Pearls in black
Whew! Look at all that fun! And here's a card using the black flock for flower centers.
I hadn't used the flock in a while, so it called to me. It's such a fun way to add texture to a card and can work cute or elegant, depending on the images used. Red sticky tape is the easiest way I've found to use flock...glue is too messy.
Today's give-away question is this:
If you HAD to pick a favorite, what is your favorite color?