Monday, September 6, 2010

All Booked Up

My recent PTI order included All Booked Up. Purchasing this set is a no-brainer for a bibliophile like me. I've already used all the image stamps on cards and will be showing you some of the results in the next few weeks. Really, though, I can't wait to make some book marks for Christmas gifts. How totally cool since so many of my friends and relatives also love books immoderately.

Contented sigh.

So here's the first card I'm going to share.


Design Tips: Since Nicole Heady used the text from Text Style for the background of some of the images, it really made using it on this card pretty obvious. Remember when I said how nice it is to buy lots of stamps from one company you love? This is why! Things can just coordinate so perfectly. The ribbon is cut to mimic a ribbon marker in a book. The pumpkin text provides a color complement to the dark blue of the stamped circle and ribbon. Using complementary colors gives added pop and interest to a very simple two-color scheme.

Have a great Labor Day. Tomorrow starts this month's Blog Hop for Mark's Finest Papers. I am so excited about this release, and I sure hope you enjoy my cards and projects. Frankly, I'm a bit giddy about them!

18 comments:

  1. Susan this card is so sweet! LOVE the ribbon and tiny pearls...and the image in the round popped up is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when we would see some All Booked Up creations from you. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan this is really beautiful!!!! Love how a simple layout can look so spectacular.......the right stamps sure help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, the image is perfect! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card you've created. I especially love the colour of the silhouette and ribbon. The way you change colour and printed the text through the silhouette is clever and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather T,

    I'm nowhere near that clever!

    The text is part of the round image...I didn't add it. WOW that would be a lot of work!

    Thanks,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colour combination is gorgeous Susan! The way Papertrey demonstrates using older sets with new is the reason just about all of my stamping budget goes there and I have a wish list a mile long!!
    Hope you have a fun Labor Day!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Reading has always been on of my fav things to do. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card. Love this set. Can't wait to see what else you've done with it.Some of my co-workers will also be getting bookmarks this Christmas courtesy of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a librarian so absolutely cannot wait to purchase that set. I love the image of the child reading under a tree - that was me as a child!! Love the way you've used it on your card with the "bookmark" ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect! As a librarian this one makes my heart happy! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan, I simply love everything about this card, it's so classy, colour, composition, everything:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific card! Love the image of the child reading under the tree!
    Sharon D. from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  14. i bought this set the minute it came out so am anxious to see your cards - love this one. i have been using pages of old books for some of my backgrounds w/this set and also the book due card stamp and pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous. I wish that PTI products were easier and cheaper to obtain in the UK!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!