Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One-Layer Wednesday 19: B&W with a Spot of Color

As soon as I made this card, I knew exactly what the OLW19 challenge would be!


Make a black and white card with just a single spot of color. It can be just a bit of an outline image as I have done or a single little embellishment (button, brad, gem, ribbon tab, punched shape, etc.). Just keep the spot of color rather smallish, so it stands out all the more!

Rules for OLW19

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half.

2. Make a card that is mostly black and white with just a spot of color. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Please share your creation by posting your card online and then using the InLinkz button in the sidebar of Simplicity to link to it.

4. Most important of all...HAVE FUN!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink All Booked Up and Text Style
ink: Palette Noir
paper: PTI white
accessories: SU real red marker


26 comments:

  1. Love this card, Susan. Genius idea to lay the book on top of the band of text like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Christina said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! great idea, beautiful design here Susan, brilliant:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome my Friend. Saving for the day I get back to stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Susan!! I can't believe I'm first this week...way to go me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are one of the highlights of my days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan
    I love your card! Such a great challenge. I will have to think on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this set with the books and the red ribbon is perfect. Thanks for the challenge. I look forward to it every Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! I love this card, Susan! Can't wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is another brilliant design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan. I saw Karen's post and just have to play. I love your card. How creative to put the text and put the book on top and only color the bookmark. Genius. Inspiring. I'll get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply FABULOUS! I love reading and this is just too fun! Would make a wonderful bookmark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to come play in your stamp room...you have the coolest stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant!
    I totally agree about the band of text. Super idea.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmm.. me thinking that I need to look into sourcing Papertrey Ink stamps over here in Australia. Love this image! Fantastic tablecloth of words too..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply beautiful. Another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the perfect card to give to a book lover. I so wish I had your ability to consistently "think outside the box" when it comes to using your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susan, this is such a fabulous card! That texty border makes the perfect resting place for that book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is super Susan. My first time entering you challenge. Look forward to the next one. Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this spot of color challenge so much, but didn't get my card posted in time. Here is what I made and the link to the card. http://www.craftinginsunshine.com/2010/10/just-note-more-small-thank-you-notes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!