Saturday, September 11, 2010

Madison and Books and Curves Needing Lines

First of all, I want to apologize to anyone who's tried to email me and expected a response these past two weeks. I know I've dropped the ball on several of you who asked questions or needed some sort of response, and I'm so sorry!

Things have been insane around our house with preparations for our trip to Madison, Wisconsin, for the Ironman race here that my crazy husband is doing for the fifth time tomorrow. My mom is watching our boys back in Ohio, so I had to get everything ready for her (like, you know, cleaning my house, which had really reached quite an embarrassing state of neglect!) and getting packed and everything else.

Well, we drove to Madison Thursday and have a wonderful hotel room just a few blocks from the finish line (so convenient!) and a Starbuck's (heaven on earth...well, in Madison, I suppose). If you are at all curious or interested in our Ironman experience--mine as support crew and my hubby's as a participant--please check out my other blog Questioning my Intelligence. Tomorrow is race day, and I'll post several times during the day. I'll also post a link to Ironman Live, where you can watch streaming video of the finish line. It's incredibly moving to watch crazy person after crazy person cross that line while announcer Mike Reilly calls out each name and says, "You are an Ironman!"

Oh, I'm getting teary just thinking about it!

For today's card, I'm sharing another effort with All Booked Up, Papertrey's recent set for book-lovers. This card is yet another example of different sets from one manufacturer working perfectly together. See the flourish of steam rising from the cup in the circle silhouette? Well, it reminded me of of the flourish from Silent Night, a PTI Christmas set. So I put them together with a soft color combination. Love how the big flourish seems to hug the circle!


The solid line is a stamp from Faux Ribbon, also by PTI. I added that because all the curves and flourishes and the circle seemed to need something straight to ground them.

The sentiment, by C.S. Lewis, makes me so happy. I have to agree with Professor Lewis on this one.

Supplies
stamps: PTI
paper: PTI white
ink: VersaMagic
accessories: dimensionals, circle punch

9 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely and the sentiment is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the All Booked Up stamps you've been using and todays matched with the large flourish is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on that flourish! Give George some good luck wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card...and good luck to your husband...what a fabulous accomplishment! New to your blog...and love it! I live in Cincinnati (Loveland) too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a busy person! I really don't know how you do it and still have time to craft! Best of luck to your husband~I know you must be proud! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be my favourite card yet that you've created with this set. And OH how the set is calling my name... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea how you fit it all in, Love the card, the flourish does exactly as you say:) Good luck for tomorrow, have fun:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely. this reminds me that I have this set. I love the flourish used this way. very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful blend of swirls and straigt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!