Monday, September 13, 2010

Thanks, Angela H. and Nicole!

Kind stamper Angela sent me a card and some die cuts for All Booked Up, among other things, because she knows I don't have a die cut machine. What a sweetie!

This card uses one of the book plate die cuts she sent me.


Design Discussion: Oddly, this book plate looks too big on a standard 5.5" x 4.25" white card. Not sure why the proportions looked so off on white cardstock because when you see tomorrow's card, you'll see this same book plate on Almost Amethyst and it look quite smashing on the standard card size. But for white-on-white, it needed more room to breathe. This card is 6.25" x 4.5" and fits in a standard envelope I bought at Marco's in Dayton. I just love how it looks in rose bud and pear tart (both Memento inks).

Sets like All Booked Up have fairly detailed, large images like this book plate and the open book. For CAS purposes, I find these need very little added embellishment and work just fine all by their lonesomes. Of course, you could create a more elaborate base for the book plate, but then it wouldn't be clean and simple, would it?

The second thank-you on this post is to Nicole at I Think...Therefore I Blog, one of my favorites. She took time out of her busy life on Friday to drive to Madison and meet me for coffee. I really appreciate it and had such a lovely time meeting her face-to-face. The internet is awesome for bringing people into community, but it can't replace face-to-face for satisfying girl talk.

Today, we're driving home to Ohio from Madison. Check my Questioning blog for details, but race day ended with an interrupted marathon and time spent at the medical tent for severe dehydration. Disappointing but he will be fine.

9 comments:

  1. I knew you'd do beautiful things with those die cuts! Can't wait to see the rest. My best to George -- he'll kick some butt next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card, pink and green always a favourite and perfectly proportioned:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors on this!! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT card; love the beautiful colros!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love the colors! I'm really loving your Booked Up cards. After seeing your first book card, it inspired me to finally ink it up and now I can't stop using it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always amaze me Susan. Oh this is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab stamp set that is... but especially in your hands! Looking forward to tomorrow's already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was my pleasure! It's true, nothing can replace face-to-face interaction, especially over a hot beverage. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!